Editor Consignment, a women’s sustainable clothing boutique in north Ballard, is looking for a part-time Assistant Buyer to work 3-4 days a week, including weekends.
At Editor, we strive to create a boutique retail space that is friendly, approachable and modern. We are looking for someone to join our two-woman team and help us cultivate our growing community of customers and consignors. The right candidate has experience in customer service and excellent communication skills; experience working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted retail setting; the ability to merchandise and create displays on a constantly rotating sales floor; introductory knowledge of brands, fashion trends, and styling with an interest in buying; and experience creatively solving problems and juggling multiple tasks while maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Welcome, assist, and interact with customers and consignors
- Operate the point of sale system
- Keep sales floor clean and running smoothly
- Communicate consignment and shop policies with consignors and customers verbally and through email
- Use consignor software system to manage consignor inventory and check consignor’s account balances
- Pull, package, and track online orders
- Photograph new products and post to website
- Steam and detail new products
- Assist lead buyer to choose and price new product for the shop according to shop aesthetic, brand, condition, and original retail price
- 2+ years experience in a retail setting
- Introductory knowledge of slow fashion brands, sustainable fashion, and buying and/or curation
- Must be able to work weekends
- Merchandising and styling experience a plus!
To apply, please deliver a short cover letter, resume and contact information for 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Added bonus if you’ve been to the shop before and can speak directly to what would make you a great fit!