Editor Consignment, a women’s sustainable clothing boutique in north Ballard, is looking for a part-time buyer to work 3-4 days a week, including both weekend days.
At Editor, we strive to create a boutique retail space that is friendly, approachable and modern. We are looking for someone to join our small team and help us cultivate our growing community of customers and consignors. The right candidate has experience in customer service and excellent communication skills; experience buying or curating products for a shop or brand; knowledge of brands, fashion trends, and styling; experience working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted retail setting; the ability to merchandise and create displays on a constantly rotating sales floor; and experience creatively solving problems and juggling multiple tasks while maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Welcome, assist, and interact with customers and consignors
- Choose and price new product for the shop according to shop aesthetic, brand, condition, and original retail price
- Communicate consignment and shop policies with consignors and customers verbally and through email
- Use consignor software system to manage consignor inventory and check consignor’s account balances
- Operate the point of sale system
- Keep sales floor clean and running smoothly
- Pull, package, and track online orders
- Photograph new products and post to website
- Steam and detail new products
2+ years experience in a retail setting
1+ years experience curating a collection for a shop or brand, and knowledge of a range of brands, including slow and sustainable fashion
Must be able to work both weekend days
Merchandising and styling experience a plus!
To apply, please deliver a short cover letter, resume and contact information for 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Added bonus if you’ve been to the shop before and can speak directly to what would make you a great fit!